Sophie’s Scribbles

Just another Edublogs site

Delicious Dim Sum

| 0 comments

My favorite meal never fails to make me overeat. Even though my family and I rarely go out to eat it, dim sum is one of my all-time favorite meals. We go to dim sum once or twice a year, although we used to go more often. I think that the best place I have gone to for this meal has been from Flushing, Queens in New York.
I enjoy that there is not one big dish of one thing and small sides. Instead, you can sample and like or dislike the food without eating too much of one thing. However, nothing at dim sum should be dislikable unless you are not used to some of the foods served. A shell of translucent dough encapsulates a ground shrimp paste, creating a simple yet amazing savory treat; har gow. The dish I always look forward to is the barbecue pork buns. From their fluffy cloud-like dough to the soft, yet slightly crispy red pork on the inside, there is enough contrast in texture, color, and taste that it is visibly and orally appealing. Another amazing part of dim sum is the tofu fa, a sweet tofu that is served warm with a sweet ginger syrup poured on top. The daan tat is also a yummy inclusion.
Even though it is not served at dim sum (though the green tea there is very good), I love green honey milk tea with boba, milk pudding, and lychee jelly. The jelly is very satisfying to chew on, even though the smell is very strong, and milk pudding is slightly airy and soft, with a distinctive flavor. Paired with the classic bubble tea (just boba and milk tea) the different flavors and similar textures always create a lovely taste.